a training to weather pandemic uncertainty
Have you been wondering how to weather pandemic uncertainty?
This special Job Share Java LIVE ☕ is designed to give you actionable steps and real support as we face yet another uncertain time—back to school.
Whether you’re facing a return to the workplace or white-knuckling a back-to-school year that feels exciting yet scary, you don’t have to do it alone.
This training will empower you to remove “I don’t know what to do” from your vocabulary with the steps to intentionally navigate your life whatever comes your way. 🙌 🙌
Psssst… Those who join me will be first in line to get a special gift to take you from helpless to empowered!🎁
*Note: Skip ahead past the countdown timer’s first 10 minutes.
HERE’S A GLANCE AT THIS JOB SHARE JAVA TRAINING:
- [12:10] Details on the special bonus to empower you for an uncertain school year.
- [14:05] Remember where we were last school year compared to this school year of the pandemic. We needed to give ourselves an abundance of grace during the collective trauma of that time. This period of time is very different and we discuss those differences and the shifts people made after that time.
- [16:35] Reminders to support you: You can do this with the help of others. You’ve developed skills the past year you didn’t have before. The work you do to prioritize your well-being affects those in your personal and work worlds.
- [22:27] Step 1: Put your oxygen mask on first. This includes sleep (tips), hydrating, and checking your mindset. We learn and do a breathing exercise together. exercise, and therapy if accessible, the practice of gratitude, meditation, and yoga. Which of these helps you to get your head in the right space?
- [24:47] How to deal with the different stressors around going to school for kids from last year when many were remote learning exclusively with few extra-curricular activities to getting back into an in-person routine while Covid-19 is a factor.
- [27:00] What things will you do differently in light of your time and online accessibility to services we previously would have been in-person for
- [29:35] Step 2: Be flexible and give yourself, your coworkers, and your family an abundance of grace and permission to “skip it”. As life ramps up, what are the things that you are going to keep, and which are you going to drop?
- [33:05] Step 3: Be transparent and open to talk about the changes with your employer and family and discuss Plan B should there be an outbreak.
- [36:13] Step 4: Set clear boundaries and communication with your employers, school, and family.
- [37:40] I discuss highlights from a recent Forbes article about the outlook for working parents in 2021.
Links mentioned in this training:
- 2021 Edition: How to Work from Home with Kids: A Guide to Keeping Your Sanity During Uncertain Times
- The Outlook for Working Parents Is Worse Than What It Was in 2020
- Job Share Academy waitlist