If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. —African Proverb
The first thing folks who want to job share say to me is, “Melissa, I don’t know a partner.”
If you’ve been following Work Muse for a bit, you probably know that I am one of the few — of the less than 1% — who has job shared (and there’s nothing extra special about me).
In truth, job sharing was the reason I stayed a full decade in my job in the high-turnover, fast-paced radio industry — far longer than my eight managers and four General Managers during that time.
I stayed not just because of the flexibility, but because I was able to find JOY in my work once again fueled by two minds in one job and the ability to rest and recharge refreshed every.single.week.
But you might not know that during my time job sharing, I had four partners. So I know a thing or two about what to look for in a partner and how to make sure you’ve got the right fit.
And I can tell you one thing — finding a stellar partner is simpler than you think.
3 job share partner myths debunked and 1 prereq
In this Job Share Java training, I demystify the process starting with these 3 myths and 1 prereq to get you started!
Plus, I’ll share 2 things you can do to exponentially up your chances to find your awesome job share partner!
*Note: Skip ahead past the countdown timer’s first 10 minutes.
HERE’S A GLANCE AT THIS JOB SHARE JAVA TRAINING:
- [10:56] The stakeholders who need to understand how to identify a good partner fit.
- [14:32] I pose THE question that will help you envision what your life would look like if you made this change.
- [18:08] The thing you may not know about the time I spent job sharing and how it informed how we support job sharers at Work Muse.
- [19:20] I share the simple secret about finding a job share partner.
- [19:55] I debunk Myth #1, #2, and #3 while giving you a strategy to find that partner and insights that might surprise you.
- [24:08] The one prerequisite you must understand before all others when finding your job share partner. Then, I break down exactly what this looks like when considering your partner candidates.
- [27:15] Why I encourage would-be job sharers to consider finding a partner from a different background. Plus three things that are key to your partner candidates themselves to ensure your job share’s success.
- [28:19] Two simple strategies to uplevel your job share partner search and exactly how to implement these two strategies.
- [33:23] I ask you this question to empower you to introduce job sharing to your employer during this moment.
Links mentioned in this training:
- Join Job Share, Live Life + Slay Work Facebook Group
- Job Share Academy waitlist
- 3 Keys to Job Share Success & 3 Steps to Get the Green Light cheatsheet
LIKE THIS POST?